When: Thursday, March 4th, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: Bozeman Public Library Meeting Room
Come join the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center to discuss the snowpack, weather and circumstances leading up to the avalanche on Saddle Peak. The GNFAC will show videos, pictures and share stories about this popular sidecountry destination. Topics will include:
- A detailed history of the snowpack and avalanches
- A weather summation
- How human traffic plays a role in our decision making
- A timeline the day of the avalanche
- Answering common questions about how it avalanched
- Moving forward: making decisions for the future
The 30-minute presentation will be followed by a 30-minute question and answer period.
Questions? Contact the GNFAC at 587-6984 or firstname.lastname@example.org